Senior Software Engineer
Dec. 2015 – Current
- Cisco unified communications and collaboration technical lead, responsible for architectural design, presales consulting, and low-level solution engineering of end-to-end deployments within large scale public and private enterprises.
- Software engineering lead, responsible for Cisco/Genesys contact center integration in the Australian Taxation Office.
- Apache Cassandra architectural lead, responsible for its implementation and continual operation within the Australian Taxation Office,
including lead writer of full architectural review of multiple inter-DC clusters, and secure operational procedures manual.
- Project engineer for Genesys customer experience Omnichannel solutions within Australian Taxation Office.
- Apace Cassandra project contributor — Lead developer of LDAP authentication plugin.
- Designed and engineered proprietary cross-platform Cisco/Genesys SoftAgent application for Cisco Unified IP Phones.
- Designed and deployed Cisco unified communications and contact center networks within enterprise and SMB clients.
- Contributor to SIP load-testing software, PUMP, designed to simulate call-flows and perform analysis of database response times.
- Engineered experimental cloud-based deployment of SIP load-testing software, PUMP, utilizing AWS and Twilio solutions.
Senior Software Engineer
Mar. 2015 – Dec. 2015
- Lead Cisco project engineer, responsible for routing, switching, unified communication, and security deployments.
- Served as an escalation point for junior service desk analysts, and promoted further mentoring and documentation standards.
- Developed migration strategy and led the successful relocation of global health organization’s distributed data centers.
- Conducted internal security audit, and led the successful migration from Cisco ASAs to Palo Alto security appliances.
- Implemented new automation tools into production network to reduce ongoing maintenance costs
Jun. 2014 – Mar. 2015
- Lead Cisco collaboration engineer for company’s Melbourne office, responsible for both on-going support and project work.
- Promoted to Second-in-Command of all internal infrastructure, ensuring ongoing system availability and routine maintenance.
- Designed international collaboration infrastructure for a leading engine manufacturer, deployed internally and used in B2B.
- Improved business process for end user Cisco endpoint provisioning in a leading global financial institution.
- Deployed national digital signage solution for multinational entertainment production and distribution company
Network Consulting Engineer Intern
Jan. 2013 – Jul. 2013
- Responsible for the continual operation and ongoing maintenance of Cisco data center, earning extensive hands-on experience with Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, UCS, ASR, and CSR, in addition to integrated VMware environment, and RHEL/CentOS servers.
- Deployed and troubleshooted full recreations of enterprise customer environments by supporting a global team of over 400 senior network engineers, through hands-on deployment of bleeding-edge Cisco hardware and software.
- Implemented new remote access hardware across data center to optimize testing work-flow done by remote senior engineers.
- Improved turnaround time of customer builds by revamping internal documentation of data center policies and procedures.
Cisco / Microsoft / Linux / VMware
- Expert proficiency in Cisco routing and switching, demonstrated by a wealth of certifications, a successful internship in Cisco’s in-house Advanced Services team, and a long history having worked on dozens of enterprise clients, with massive scale infrastructure.
- Expert proficiency in Cisco unified communications and Genesys contact centre technologies, demonstrated by dozens of successfully delivered projects, including those that required a deep level of customization for government agencies, and large enterprises, while working as either a project engineer, technical lead, or architectural lead.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Server, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux, demonstrated by years of experience developing with these platforms, and designing the architecture of multiple distributed applications, design to run at enterprise-level scales.
- Expert proficiency in multiple relational database management solutions, including Microsoft SQL, and PostgreSQL, demonstrated by years of development experience utilising both these solutions, including a proprietary SIP load-testing application, with requirements for data being stored for long-term analysis, and historical reporting purposes.
- Expert proficiency in Apache Cassandra; an open-source, Java-based, distributed, NoSQL database management system, demonstrated by role as lead operational architect and engineer, and certification.
- Expert proficiency in both building and maintaining VMware virtualization infrastructure for enterprises, demonstrated by years of experience deploying complex, redundant systems with software and appliances built for purpose.
- Expert proficiency in Java, demonstrated by role as lead engineer for Cisco/Genesys integrated SoftAgent application; a Java-based multi-vendor contact center agent solution, designed for use by government agencies during catastrophic circumstances, when experiencing multiple system failures.
- Expert proficiency in C#, demonstrated by delivering applications that required a deep level of customization for government agencies and large enterprises to conform to both technical and regulatory requirements.
- Years of experience in various version-control frameworks and methodologies, including but not limited to Git, Team Foundation Server, and Subversion.
Advanced Services Consulting
Continual Improvement / Project Management / Outcome Delivery
- Well-versed in continual improvement and development strategies, having worked in both waterfall and agile project methodologies, as both a technical resource, and while holding technical leadership positions.
- Authored architectural reviews, engineering detailed designs, and operational procedure manuals, as well as delivering training to BAU staff, all to ensure the smooth handover of projects, and the continual improvement and optimal operation of delivered solutions.
- Consulted to senior executives, business owners, project managers, and technical teams, ensuring clear requirements gathering, conducting detailed business process analyses, and leading technical teams towards delivering ideal solutions while maintaining and communicating realistic deliverable outcomes, timelines, and milestones.